GI Jane Finances

January 27, 2011


Filed under: Uncategorized — gijanefinances @ 10:45 am

This week my AF leadership is deliberating on where I and other summer movers are going to be placed.  I am praying that I will get my first choice, which is of course, Europe.    Next Tues, I will also find out if my Korean employee will win at the next level.  And mid-Feb, I will find out if I won at the AF level.   February is turning out to be a heady time.  Last Feb, my Korean employee won at two levels.  It was a real big to-do.  He received a framed certificate/lithograph, a beautiful medallion with his name etched in it and a replica of the Korean reunification bell.  Which is why if this one wins, even  if he reaches the next level leading up to the banquet, he gets a whole lot the day of the banquet.  The winner gets this monster eagle statue.  But alas, he already decided to forego the festivities and go to San Francisco if he wins on Tuesday.  San Francisco will always be there.  The kids are too young to remember California anyway.

I decided to go on leave  2-5 Feb following the luncheon.  I just want to hang out and relax.  I was in such a funk before the award announcement.  I have never won at this level.  I thought it was near impossible.  At my last assignment, I could not compete in anything.  My deputy tried to put me in for something and realized there was not an awards board for Majors.  I could have competed in a different forum, but I did not think  all of the things I worked on cumulatively made me competitive in one year.  I would do a big event one year and the next the following year.  In 2010, several big events/projects all fell in one year.  I am so happy!  Can’t wait to get my plague, baby!

GI Jane



  1. I am so excited for you 🙂 I really hope you win it, and I hope you post about it! 🙂

    Comment by FB @ — January 28, 2011 @ 2:28 am

  2. Thank you! I sure will!

    Comment by gijanefinances — January 28, 2011 @ 6:25 am

  3. Did they tell you where you’ll PCS?

    Comment by karen — February 2, 2011 @ 11:48 am

  4. No, not yet. Hopefully, I will find out in the next two weeks.

    Comment by gijanefinances — February 2, 2011 @ 12:49 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: